|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
- Ryofu Hōsen (
呂 布 奉先? Lü Bu - Fengxian)
- Real name: Ren (
- Voiced by: Honoka Imuraya (visual novel), Emiko Hagiwara (anime)
- Called a monster by others due to her ridiculous strength, she is assigned to guard the Hulao Pass upon her introduction. During the battle she almost single-handedly beat back Kazuto's army before being stalemated by Kan'u and Chōhi. During the stalemate she is captured by a net due to Kōmei's plan.
- In truth, she simply wishes to live peacefully with her pets, of which she has about fifty of. She loves Kazuto, but initially does not understand the feeling she experiences.
- Act Debut: 3
- Scenes of interaction: 10
- In the Gi Route she first appears to promote Sōsō after the defeat of the Yellow Turbans. During the anti-Tōtaku campaign, she fiercely guards the Hu Lao Gate but is forced to abandon the post in order to go back to protect Tōtaku. She manages to escape after the defeat of Tō and eventually joins Shoku faction.
Moe Shōden Edit
Shin Koihime † Eiyūtan Edit
Shin Koihime † Musou -Kakumei- Edit
Souten no Haou Edit
Son Go no Kechimyaku Edit
Ryū Hata no Taibō Edit
- A silent girl who is the greatest and the most powerful warrior of the kingdoms. She was thought as a monster in the mountains, but it all ended in a misunderstanding as she was trying to help her pet dogs. She usually does not show any emotion at all but is really a good-hearted person; she also appears to have a certain degree of charm and charisma about her in that whenever she asks for food from others and then eats at their presence, they immediately become enamored by her(often leading to her being given more food by the bystanders).
- She appears in episode 5 of the first season where, after clearing up the misunderstanding, became part of Tōtaku's faction.
- Initially she appears to be a serious and cold-hearted person, however it is soon revealed that she is just incredibly awkward when it comes to communicating; when talking, she rarely speaks more than a few words at a time. She is also noticeable for not showing strong emotions, keeping a neutral face at all times. That is not to say, however, that she lacks emotions all together. She cares about her friends very much and is very attached to them.
- On the battlefield her child-like sweetness disappears completely, giving away to a cold and ruthless fighter feared by many throughout the land. But truly she hates fighting and would much rather have peace.
Ren is extremely inexperienced when it comes to anything sexual. It certainly doesn't help she knows nothing about love or romance either. Though, her knowledge of sex and romance improved thanks to Kazuto.
Kazuto is the first man Ren has shown romantic feelings for. He is also the one who took her virginity.
Chinkyu is Ryofu's first human friend.
Ren gets along well with the Nanban since they act like cats and love animals.
Skills and Abilities Edit
Master Spearwoman: Ryofu is considered to be one of the most powerful warriors within the kingdoms, possessing masterful skills with her halberd. She is able to make full use of the halberd's dual blades in combat: the larger main blade for stabbing and slashing and the smaller side blade for hacking. During her guarding of the Hulao Pass in the first VN, Ryofu was able to drive back Kazuto's army by herself and was only stalemated by Kan'u and Chōhi. In the second VN she was stalemated by Kan'u, Chōhi, and Sonsaku. In the anime, Ryofu was able to to easily knock out Chōun in a few hits and later fought off Kan'u, Chōhi, and Chōun simultaneously.
Enhanced Physical Prowess: Ryofu has enhanced speed, reflexes, stamina and is most noted for her abnormal strength. Being called a monster on various occasions, she possesses incredible physical might, even among the generals. In the first VN she was shown pressing a large desk which can easily crush a normal person clear over her head, while in the anime she was able to carry boulders down a mountain.
She carries the title "Ikkitōsen", being able to match the strength of several thousand normal soldiers. Sōsō had wanted her but gave up on the endeavor after realizing nobody could defeat Ryofu as she single handedly bested 30,000 Yellow Turbans. Ryofu was also able to easily fend off the combined efforts of Kan'u, Chōhi, Chōun, and Sonsaku, who are all extremely powerful fighters in their own right. During their fight in the anime, Chōun noted that her attacks are very heavy and went on to say that Ryofu is perhaps much stronger than Chōhi.
- Ryofu is bad at communicating with others.
- Her low intelligence puts her at a disadvantage in situations requiring mental effort.
- Hunger impedes her fighting abilities (albeit not enough to make a difference in most cases due to how strong she is).
- She has only been defeated in combat once, and that was in a sparring match after defeating every single combat-capable Shoku general one after the other, until by the last match she had completely exhausted herself.
- Gender and personality aside, Ryofu actually shares several traits with Lubu. Her twin ahoges maybe a homage to Lubu's famous headpiece decorated with two long pheasant tail-feathers; her dog Sekito is a homage to his legendary horse; lastly, they are both renowned warriors in their worlds.
- In Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Lubu is infamous for being a traitor as well as an arrogant loud-mouth. Ryofu being the polar opposite of that is theorized by Kazuto as a "side-effect" of being gender-bent.
- Her fighting Kan'u and Chōhi to a stalemate is based on a famous scene from Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
- In the historical novel it was actually a three-on-one battle with Ryūbi participating as well but in the first VN Ryūbi is replaced by Kazuto who has no combat role.
- Due to Ryūbi not being a fighting character in the second VN, Sonsaku takes her place in the three-on-one battle.
- She is one of the 4 characters in the series known for having a large apetite; the other 3 are Chōhi , Bachō, and Kyocho.
- She is the only fighter representing Tō faction in Shin Koihime†Musō: Otome Taisen Sangokushi Engi and its sequel, Koihime†Enbu.
- Like in the VN, she goes under her own "Ryo" emblem instead of a "Tō" emblem.
- When she eats, people who look at her cannot help but stare in awe due to her overwhelming cuteness.
- She exploits this to get even more food.
- In the animated opening of Sengoku†Koihime: ~Otome Kenran ☆ Sengoku Emaki~, Ashikaga Kazuha Yoshiteru summon the weapons of various Koihime†Musō heroines as projectiles for her attack; among those is Ryofu's halberd.
- Thought as a strategist she only knows one formation and her inteligence was valued as 1, she is surprising so good at some strategy game that she is even able to beat Kaku.
- Ren took the fifth place in the poll of the most popular character in the story company.