- He talks about his many aunts and his uncle's house being full of Chinese items. He is transported to feudal Japan during the Sengoku Era.
- Bears a strong resemblance to his uncle, Kazuto.
Kensuke is similar to his uncle Kazuto, but Kensuke is more rational and he can adapt and socialize fast with his squad and many of the people he meets. He looked down on his uncle for his various wives, but proves hypocritical through the various wives he got in the Sengoku Era.
He is also brave and level-headed, tending to take circumstances as they come without letting them get him down. He has inherited his uncle's natural philandering ways (though he protests this frequently when others point it out to him), and he gathers women without even realizing he is doing it.
He states he has trouble dealing with macho men, after a bad experience with Chōsen.
Skills and Abilities Edit
He was trained extensively and harshly by Hongou Kazuto's many wives (all the girls from Shin Koihime Musou), and while he isn't a match for them, he is more than skilled enough to make him an above-average warrior in the Sengoku era.
- Swordsmanship: He received training from Kazuto and his aunts, resulting in him being significantly stronger in comparison to Kazuto at the beginning of their respective journeys.
- Enhanced Intelligence: Compared to his uncle, Kensuke's intelligence is much more "polished", as he received proper lessons. As a number of his aunts are brilliant strategists/intellectuals, Kensuke learned from them and is capable of solving complex problems and coming up with effective solutions in response to whatever situation he's facing.
- Various combat and survival training: Besides swordsmanship, Kensuke was also taught various other ways of fighting; he also had survival training which enhances his adaptability to situations he is unfamiliar with.
- Miscellaneous Skills: Kensuke possesses a varied lineup of skills ranging from weaponscraft and tactics to cooking and the making of simple devices like smoke bombs and signal flares.
- While well trained, Kensuke lacks actual battle experience.
- He has a tendency to be brash and headstrong.
- Being the main protagonist, he does not have character sprites.
- His eyes are never shown in the original Sengoku†Koihime.